SWCAA Alert Service (S.A.S.) Description
What is it?
The SAS (SWCAA Alert Service) provides communications to the public for many SWCAA actions. An E-mail
or SMS Text (cell) message is sent to all subscribers when a specific action is taken by SWCAA. This includes:
- Burn ban and air quality events
- News releases
- Proposed fee or rule changes
- Job openings
- Availability of Woodstove and Diesel Retrofit programs
- Permitting actions and hearings
Why did we create this Service?
SWCAA had a limited alert service provided by a 3rd party service that only included burn ban
and air quality alerts. The service company was sold and the new company's service did not meet our
communications needs. We decided to create our own service and expand its scope to include additional
SWCAA activities. Our new SWCAA Alert Service is designed to provide a means for the general public
to subscribe to these alerts. An E-mail or SMS Text (Cell phone) message is sent to our subscribers
whenever SWCAA invokes an action of interest to you. The Alert message contains details of the action
or provides a reference to a SWCAA web page where additional information may be obtained.
Who can benefit from this Service?
The Alert Service is available to all citizens and business concerns in Clark, Cowlitz, Lewis, Skamania, and Wahkiakum counties
in southwest Washington State. People outside of these areas may subscribe if they have an interest in
SWCAA alerts. Feel free to let your friends, relatives, and neighbors know of this service.
How does it work?
An interested citizen/business subscribes to the service:
- You visit our SAS home page and click the Subscribe button. On the page that appears you supply your
contact information, how you want to be notified, and select the alert categories of interest to you.
- Click the Subscribe button
- Your information and selections are added to our subscription list (note that we do not release this
information to anyone. Rest assured that we treat your information as highly confidential and is only used by SWCAA to send alerts)
- You are sent an E-mail message that confirms we received your application
- You must activate your subscription by clicking on the link included in the confirmation E-mail
- Read the message and click the link or cut and paste it into your web browser to activate your subscription
- If you don't activate your subscription you will not receive any Alerts and you may receive
additional notices from SWCAA to encourage you to activate your subscription
- Your subscription is marked active and you will begin receiving future SWCAA Alerts
We use this subscription method to:
- Provide a secure means of subscribing to the service
- Ensure that you are the one subscribing to the service
- Ensure that we don't send alerts to those who didn't subscribe
How do I change my subscription?
If you want to change your contact information, password or alert selections:
- Visit our SAS subscription page at Alert Subscriptions
- Login to the service using your E-mail address and password
- Select the action you want to perform from the links in the action box
- Update My Selections: Permits you to change your subscription
- Unsubscribe Me: Permanently removes your account from our subscription files
- Logout of SAS: Disconnects you from the SAS subscription page
SWCAA hopes S.A.S. provides you with Alert Notifications of value to you.